Records from the Ulm city archive:
"On 1 March, 1912, Julius Wagner's wife registers an embroidery shop. Shop specialising in Swiss embroidery. Residence: Löfflerstraße 2. On 1 April, 1912 the residential and business addresses change to Hafenbad 25, Ulm. On 4 April, 1916, the embroidery shop is taken over by Wilhelm Gauß (whose wife, née Knecht, was from Metzingen). From 1 April, 1916 (entry dated 7 April, 1916), Julius Wagner operates an oil and fat goods shop instead of his wife's embroidery shop at Karlstr. 26, Ulm. From 4 January, 1919 the shop also sells fruit juices."